Monday, March 9, 2009

Previous Podcasts

The first podcasting I listened to was Useful Internet Websites for Elementary Teachers by Erica Sledge, Ashley Cleveland and Shyane Fant. I chose this one to listen to because my topic is similar only for high schools instead of elementary teachers. I wanted to hear how they had organized their topic. I think that these girls did a great job discussing their research. Each seemed well prepared. I feel that these girls did practice which makes a huge difference when recording. There were a few um’s and places where the speaker needed to speaker at a slower pace, but as a whole I thought it was well done.

The second podcast I listened to was another group whose topic was Useful Internet Websites for Elementary Teachers by Tomeka Washington, Rosilyn Harris, and Marlena Marsh. I feel that these girls also did a good job with their podcast. These girls did seem a little more nervous than some of the other podcast. This could be due to the fact that they did not practice before the actual recording. There seem to be background noise also. This could be the paper they were using for notes and just did not realize the noise was being picked up by the microphone.

I feel listening to the podcasts will help me be more conscience of what I did to be aware of when recording. Speak slowly and clearly. Try to not get in a hurry. Use a conversational tone of voice instead of reading notes. Be aware of background noise that may be picked up. Hopefully, mine and Kim’s podcast will be successful and next semester students will not pick it apart.

3 comments:

  1. Good job Anne. Now you know what I was talking about in class. I look forward to hearing your podcast tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you guys did a great job on your podcast....even if you did wing it...that makes it that much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne! I hope you had a wonderful Spring Break!

    ReplyDelete

Mr. C's fifth grade class

Mr. C's fifth grade class