Monday, January 19, 2009

Greetings! My name is Anne Gardner and it has been awhile since I have played the role of a student. However, I am excited to be in this class and learning about all the changes in technology that have happened in the classroom since I left to become a full time mom. I locked the door to my classroom of nine years for the last time twelve years ago, but even though I left that teaching position, I began a new one with the birth of my boys. I have three – Drew (15), Josh (12) and Luke (7). My husband and I have been married for 21 years and feel very blessed to have such wonderful sons. Our family lived in Pensacola, Florida for 14 years before moving here to Daphne and we love living here on the Eastern Shore.

Now that my youngest son Luke is in elementary school, I have decided it is time to unlock the classroom door and walk back inside. I am very excited about this because I have really missed teaching! I taught 10th and 11th grade English at Escambia High School in Pensacola Florida and was the head coach of the three cheerleading squads. Go Gators! This phrase did not come out easily since I am an Auburn graduate. To be able to return to the classroom, I must reinstate my Alabama certification. This course, EDU310, is the first of the three courses I need to accomplish this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr. C's fifth grade class

Mr. C's fifth grade class